Clutch Sticking

yammafan

I’ve started to notice on my 06 290 that when I pull the clutch it does not fully disengage immediately (like the plates are sticking?) and sometimes takes a small rev to free it off. Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and what I should look at first.

I’ve searched the forum but couldn’t find a similar post. Anyone experienced this before? I’ve been riding around it for the past two trials but it keeps catching me out in sections!

Thanks

Anthony

When I had an '05 sherco this used to be the same.

The clutch would "hang on" for a second after you pulled the lever in, causing the bike to keep pushing on or stall.

I tried various oils, cleaning up the plates, filing the basket smooth etc, None of this cured it though.

Sold it & bought a beta. That clutch dragged but can be mostly fixed by using nano-trans.

I had an 02 sherco that eventually seemed to hesitate on disengagement occasionally.  The hesitation to release was so minimal and occasional that it felt like I was imagining it.  I now have a Rev 3 that also seems to hesitate momentarily to release regularly.  The hesitation time to release is so short that it can only be noticed after riding a bike that does not do that.  I have done the clutch fix but still have not tested to see if it is gone.