Please Release This Machine...........

billyt

Yamaha is one of my last hopes of a Japanese Manufacturer making a good 2T Trials bike. The release of the YZ250X "Hare Scramble / GNCC" 2T helps keep more people riding 2-strokes in the Woods, among the sea of Orange in New England Enduros and Hare Scrambles. A modern TY250, TY280 or TY300 2-stroke Trials bike from Yamaha would certainly help get this sport to grow in the USA!

I've got one of these Yam engined Scorpa things lying about somewhere.

It;s a hoot to ride but if you want to  ride like a pro best avoided;

No doubt the pure Yam version is a bit more refined.

I think all you nae sayers need to watch Kenichi Kuroyama ride this bike. He is a pro trials rider and was one of the Trials de nations Japanese team members.    

Easily one of the top twenty riders in the world.   Check him out on some You Tube videos type  Japanese trials and his name. 

Edited by billyt
  • Like 2

They ride stop allowed and do big steps and jumps, so a beast like this is not so much of a disadvantage, plus the fact the motor is sorted by yamaha r and d in japan.

As above its basically a four stroke wr in a scorpa frame = scorpa which very few bought. Changing decals doesnt mean a good bike, one that will sell or be sold.

this thread has been around 3 times if i remember correctly.

I read a a review of the new yamaha trials bike according to tem it was brilliant they are also bring out a 2 stroke model but its exactly the same as the scorpa

Heres a vidio of it 

Heres the 2 stroke 

csm_atsuko_ogura_4_c3d3b660b2.jpg

Edited by dwb5151
  • Like 1