Fuel Filter

lotus54

Has anyone replaced the fuel filter? (Modern OSSA)

I'm getting a 'fuel pump over current' which on every other bike I've ever had means a partially plugged fuel filter.

I believe it is more time consuming than popping out the gearbox.

Bike still runs great- I wouldn't have known but I put the software on to check things out.

(Around 270 hours)

Mark

Edited by lotus54

Sounds like a good idea to filter the fuel before it goes in the bike. I've done it for years on all my bikes. I've got a funnel with a filter which I use when mixing two stroke mix, clean it when I've filled the mixing jug and use it again when filling the fuel tank.

I still fit an inline filter in the pipe, a couple of quid.

Yes just done one got a replacement pump off ebay bought the filter and a couple of new flexable hoses it is a pain in the back side to do but a cheap fix ,the engine is tight near the fuel pump so reed block needs to come off.I fonud it better to put the engine in with the frame up side down.

I pulled the engine, replaced the pump (will setup the original with new pump and filter for next time)

Bought a tool for the connectors at NAPA - just a slight mod to work.

I pulled the head, since I'm almost 300 hours I figured it may be good to see what it looks like.

The cylinder looks like it has 10 hours on it- all cross-hatching still visible, no scoring, piston looks like new (from the port)

I decided to leave the cylinder on this time- it just looks too good!

No carbon buildup in the exhaust, very minimal buildup on the piston and head.

I'm pretty I pressed. My KTM 300 certainly didn't look this good after much less hours. And most of the time I didn't run it any harder- maybe less. (Those have loads of power, too much for the types of trails I like the most, which looks like an intermediate trials section).

I wish it had zerk fitting for the suspension bushings - but certainly a really well out together machine.

Hope they come back.

Oh yeah, I weighed the engine, about 34 lbs (15.5 kilos)

Mark

• Like 2