Factory Defective

quinn

I have a 2015 300txt pro racing. Love the bike. Recently it started carrying on when the fan came on( like it was running out of fuel).When the fan kicked off, the bike would run normal again. We started checking all the connections and discovered the Stator was missing the three bolts that hold it on from the factory. Replaced these bolts and it runs fine now. Hope this saves someone the time and energy we went through to find the problem.

Every manufacturer has issues like this. Bikes that don`t shift, no gaskets, etc. When I worked at the local Yamaha shop I had a YZ80 transmission bearing lock up in sixth gear on the pavement. What a stop that was!

• Like 1

Surprisingly enough it had stayed on the entire time without damaging anything! When we pulled the flywheel..the stator came out with it because of the magnetic factor. The two lead wires were skinned up pretty good and the irons had some slight skuffs but did not look to terrible considering. One question I do have? At low rpm, when the fan kicks on if you let off the throttle the fan seems to slow down and when you are back on the throttle the fan seems to come back on. It only does this at low rpm. I do know they changed the fan setup for 2015. My 2014 was not like this. Does this seem normal?

Edited by quinn