Ossa Mar Wheels

basketcase

Hi, hope someone can help. I'm about to put the tyres on my '75 mk2 mar. There are 3 holes in the rim, one for the tyre retainer, one for the valve and the other one??? I only took one retainer off so am stuck as to what the third is for, any suggestions?

Cheers, Nigel.

Cheers, although I only took one out of the rear. Both wheels have the three holes so should I put another in the front. Will it upset the balance if I don't? I've never built up a trial bike before, just road bikes. This ones put up a few problems!!

Cheers all, now I just need to try and get the inner tube in! What a performance, there doesn't seem to be enough room to insert the valve! I'm going to leave it in the living room tonight so that it warms up and hopefully becomes more supple, just don't tell the wife! ?

I do it by getting one side of the tyre on to the rim then, holding the base of the valve, working it inside the tyre and lifting it to get as straight a shot as possible into the valve hole. You need flexible fingers for this. On my old twinshocks I used to enlarge the valve hole a bit with a round file to allow the valve to move a bit due to wheelspin when riding without ripping itself from the tube, but this also made inserting the valve a bit easier.

Edited by cleanorbust