France Round Wtc

booty

Hi from New Zealand-

heading to france/spain  in june july and

want to drop in on the Lourdes outdoor wtc round- how do you go about getting tickets?

also looking to buy some repsol montesa clothing -is this gear on sale at the wtc? I have 2014 Repsol; 4rt 

lastly- do Montesa spain do factory tours and if so whats the process and is it worth it to see?

Many thanks from the perennial dabber

Hi   I don't have specific details of this event yet but most European rounds of the WTC are fairly open events and you can pay when you arrive, having said that many are actually free as the whole event is sponsored by the town or the region or a leading local company.

There is always a selection of trade stands so you should be able to buy riding gear of several makes

Hope this helps

Many thanks Mick- my daughter is on a scholarship in france and she has been struggling to find local information for me-  I went and watched the wtc in Australia several years ago (Bou won !) and was left in total awe-want to experience a European event as its on my bucket list-as is learning to hop the back wheel- oh well the European part will happen!

Hi Booty, the bruvs went to the WTC round in Corsica in 2014 and pre-purchased tickets via a web site that the organisers had set up.  A search of the web might be worthwhile.  The same system operated for the two WTC rounds at Maldon in 2012 and 2014. We also visited the Beta factory in Italy and I am certain that a tour could be arranged there if you promised to sell the old 4RT and to move up to a superb Italian trials bike!

Regards Ken

Had a little Google on this as I can't think it's a venue I've been to before and made an interesting find. There has been much speculation over the years around the cost/return of putting on a world round, but nobody has ever offered hard facts as to what the costs and potential return might be. They've broken it down for the French round here:

http://www.lourdes.fr/Download/pdf%20%20tlcharger/2016/Prsentation%20Trial.pdf

You can understand most of what's there and whilst my French is crap, if my reading of it is correct, it looks like hosting a World round will actually result in a LOSS of 24,000 Euro. :o

Hi All,

The cost problem is, I suspect, due to the venue.

Lourdes is of great significance to the religious fanatics, many of whom are prepared to save for a lifetime in order to experience a visit, and the locals are aware of the exploitation potential.............

Try a visit to Knock in Ireland.............

A few years ago the Hamilton trials club boys were very hospitable to a holidaying Brit, lending out a Bultaco , helmet and boots. If I could repay that a little to someone down under visiting chez moi, you are welcome to come and borrow a twinshock and have a days riding here in the Dordogne. I live near Sarlat la Caneda worth a visit on its own.... and have some great sections, if you fancy it let me know, but not on a  Friday or Saturday.  Say hi to all the boys near Auckland, what a great place.

• Like 1

Good and interesting find andy!

Couple of things I notice:

Promotion almost 10.000 euro! If you relate that to their income from public its madness. (financially speaking. However the grands (17k in total) from the governments or regions are probably given to promote the area. Nowadays with facebook, websites etc this must be able to do with less money.

FFM inscription is really expensive, they should be happy that people organise the rounds!

What is regie esdeux organisation 20K? The rest of the costs are minimal so nothing to change there (medics etc and logistics)

Budgetting a loss is quite strange, somebody should pay it... So add that ''payer'' to sponsors and reach a balance, like is normal in budgetting.

One of the problems with outdoor trial is its ''open''. If you could ask 5 euro entry fee, and around 3000 people come and watch its easy 15K. I think people are willing to pay, but its not possible to prevent people from entering.

Edited by crazybond700