Honour Among Thieves (Trials Riders)

jimmyl

minor whinge here but one that spoils all that's good with trials.

Rode the jack wood Sunday -cracking Yorkshire trial -sections spot on and really well organised.

2 fuel stops    - all arranged which is most appreciated these days.

Put my 2 fuel cans in with a drink taped to each can for the organiser to carry to the designated spot. Top job I thought 

However got to fuel stop one  -fuel there  - no drink - half empty bottle in the bottom of the pile - thinks its my brand and same colour tape so had the remnants and carried on

Surprise surprise same issue at the second stop

I'm not sure what disappoints me the most -

the fact we cant trust fellow riders,

that  fellow riders are deliberately tampering with our goods,

that fellow riders have no respect for the efforts organisers go to on providing this facility

or

that fellow riders are that poverty bound that after spending their money on bikes, vans, gear, fuel etc. they cant afford £2 for 4 bottles of lidl pop that they have to steal somebody else's

Maybe it was just a mistake but \I don't think so.

• Like 2

Listen to you Mister Bigtime shopping at Lidl!

Whats wrong with Poundstretcher these days?

I was thinking along the same lines re- "fill with urine" but there again some of these drinks taste like P*** anyway so might not work other than be a great post on here next week!

On a serious note that's a sad story as trust plays a large part in trials.

I use a Camelbak drinks dispenser, the type built in to a haversack. Drink, latex gloves, hand wipes, spare chain link et cetera all in one. Bit naughty of people are 'borrowing' your drink. As per others instructions, sabotage it..... maybe a bit of laxative...  :hyper:

It's not trials but used to use 4 pints of milk a day at work in only 2 brews,ended up getting that hacked off I p****d in it, made sure I was last in at brew then asked if everyone was enjoying their brew with pissy milk needless to say my milk never went missing again ??

• Like 2

I came across another competitor pouring fuel into his GasGas last year from my fuel jug at a fuel dump.  Surprised me to say the least.  When I asked why, he replied that he had forgot to put his fuel in the truck to go to the fuel dump.  Normally I don't mind if asked, but to have someone I don't know just take my 110LL fuel irked me a bit.  I said "No problem, have fun pushing that bike back"

I ride a 4RT Montesa.  B)

Edited by brewtus
  • Like 2

However got to fuel stop one  -fuel there  - no drink - half empty bottle in the bottom of the pile - thinks its my brand and same colour tape so had the remnants and carried on

I’d have stayed thirsty than drink the remnants :barf:

Not sure how it could have been but let's hope it was a mistake!

Most people at motorcycle events are the most generous you are likely to meet, I underestimated the distance of a venue and as I drove onto the field ran out of diesel!

The guy I broke down next to promptly syphoned a gallon of diesel from his motorhome and refused to accept any payment for his diesel or help!

Edited by suzuki250

Mmmh ... I still think it was a mistake. The easiest was to avoid is to mark the gas can and drinking can so individually that anybody will see it on First spot.

For likewise things I use yellow duct tape and write with big letters in red my name and bike on.

No problem so far.

Mmmh ... I still think it was a mistake. The easiest was to avoid is to mark the gas can and drinking can so individually that anybody will see it on First spot.

For likewise things I use yellow duct tape and write with big letters in red my name and bike on.

No problem so far.

Taped to a can with my name clearly on - no fuel taken - no mistake I think - just deliberately taking advantage of the more organised ones out there. 

PS -Timp -stopped putting my fuel spout with my can a few years ago as these seemed to go missing by mistake too