Linkage Setup For Modern Ossa

lotus54

19 hours ago, jsp said:

Lotus54 just wondered how you are finding this new rear end set up after having a few months to ride with it 

It is working well.

I did have the middle rocker bolt come loose- so I shimmed it and re-locktited it to keep it form loose item again.

Easy to lube and seems to be holding up well.  Seems smoother than the factory, but I could be dreaming.

mostly I didn't want to break it again and have to dismantle, lube and replace bushings less often.

mark

Edited by lotus54

so its well worth the money then ? I do worry that I dont grease my linkages enough do to

a lack of time and the quick spray of WD40 is going to come round and bite my in the a*** one day 

8 hours ago, jsp said:

so its well worth the money then ? I do worry that I dont grease my linkages enough do to

a lack of time and the quick spray of WD40 is going to come round and bite my in the a*** one day 

For me it has been worth it.

but I broke the stock linkage twice and didn't want to do that again (plus easy lube)

make sure they send a 90° zerk for the middle pin, the straight mine came with is inaccessible when on the bike. They are a thread pitch not avaliable locally for me (I live in a small town).

I'd also recommend shimming and locktiting that middle pin, to make sure it doesn't come loose.

mark

lotus54 I've bit the bullet and ordered my suspension kit this morning 

can you send me a photo of what you mean by 

"I'd also recommend shimming and locktiting that middle pin, to make sure it doesn't come loose."

• 1 month later...

lotus54 my rear end has come this week did you think of a better way

to describe the shimming, and if possible a photo of the 90d zerk 

fitting in place as it looks like mine is going to catch on the frame behind

the foot rests 

Not a good picture- darn it.

But I hope you can see the 90º zerk (I think 1mm thread pitch?)

Here is what I did. For that pin that the 90º zerk is going into- there is a bolt on the other side. I put a small washer such that even with both bolts quite tight, there is a just a bit of clearance, so the pin/arms can move well. It doesn't take much. So a washer between the bolt and pin on the left side.

ossa-link_zpscnkblkt6.jpg