Linkage Setup For Modern Ossa

lotus54

I put the 'O' rings on the outside of the Dogbone, they have a small chamfer for them to fit into (well, I assumed that was what it was for, otherwise they crush)

I added a small shim (washer) between the bold and centre pin- ONLY enough to keep a slight clearance for all the pieces to keep moving when tightened quite firmly.

I found locktite doesn't always hold well- especially where a lot of grease is (perhaps) already around and where the zerk could get it and moved.

So far this has worked well for me. Perhaps your setup won't need that- a test fit before lubing would probably give a good idea.

Does this make it more lucid?

OSSA%20suspension_zpsufevxvyr.jpg

Edited by lotus54

yes that's great thanks, mine came with o rings fitted on both sides of the dogbones 

which I have managed to get on and in, but like you say you cant see if they have been 

crushed or not. I did also get a full new spare set in the kit 

mine came with all the o rings in place as per my drawing and then a bag with the spares in,

the 90 deg zerk did come fitted but to the front shaft up behind the bash plate 

so I've moved it to the middle bolt, but I've not had time to finnsh building it back

up so I'm hoping once I get it all back together there will be some clearance 

for the zerk in the middle bolt

Edited by jsp

• 4 weeks later...