Jim Lee Frame

mcafee

Good morning, I have just acquired a trials bike which has a Jim Lee frame fitted with a T100a engine.Can anyone help me with information about the frame the number is JL 25 and I believe the forks are Norton road holders but I cannot identify the wheels.Any help would be most appreciated

David

Hi David,

The wheel hubs look like Ariel Leader and the forks, externally could certainly be Norton Roadholder, possibly in BSA top and bottom yokes, but would need closer detail to check.

The motor looks like a Tiger 100 pre-unit.

If I remember correctly Jim Lee worked in Batley (or thereabouts) in the West Riding and was most likely to be involved in road racing - the frame has a lot of Norton Dominator influences.

Enjoy

Edited by laird387

hi spen,thanks for the replies.The front wheel is a 2.75 by 21 so it must be an optical illusion but I agree it does look smaller.I have only had the bike for 3days and as you can see from the photo it needs some tlc so I think my best bet is to start stopping the frame and look for numbers and take measurements and photos.I was hoping someone else has a similar frame and could help me out.The engine is not a problem as I know it is a 1961 unit construction T100.

David

Hi,floydbassman,Until I start to strip the bike I do not know if there is a cush drive in the hub.One of my club members suggested the hubs could Royal Enfield but until I fully investigate what I have acquired there are several unanswered questions.

David