Sherco 4T Owners Rocker Arm Problem

beta_blocker

Just wondering if any other Sherco 4t's have experienced this problem.

When first adjusting the valves I discovered loose clearances in all four valves. Didn't think too much of it and shimmed to correct clearences. Several months later when checking them the intakes were fine but a lot of clearance in the exhaust valves.

I Found the roller on the rocker arm that rides on the cam to push the valves is loose and turns but also moves up and down on the pin that holds it in place.

The continued wearing is opening the exhaust valve clearance.

The intake side is normal and rolls without problems as it should be.

Has anyone else experienced this with their Sherco 4t or is it just a fluke?

I think this may have been a problem that started prior to me buying the bike (December) but I change oil generally 30 hrs or less running full synthetic either Castrol 4T racing or Mobil 1 4T racing. You would think there would be some kind of corresponding wear on the intake side rocker or cam but that all appears normal.

Contacted US Sherco distributor (RYP) and they had not heard of any problems like this.

guess you never really know if a previous owner treated 'er well. Generally a pretty low maintenance motor like most sherco engines, got to keep good clean oil in them ( except the new 2t fully sealed main bearing issues that some owners have had  :unsure: )