The One Honda Have Never Won

jj65

On 12/04/2016 at 1:20 PM, 2stroke4stroke said:

I doubt whether there is one event that has more worldwide prestige than the SSDT, despite the comments above, but there is more to winning it than being an ace in the sections so Toni would by no means be guaranteed a win.

However it would appear from the UK sales charts of late that there is a growing band of purchasers who are less swayed by wins on a works one-off and intelligent enough to be impressed by the number of bored 4RT riders twiddling their thumbs during the morning work period at the SSDT whilst riders of other machines scurry about doing the necessary.

Perhaps a win is not seen as essential to sales?

A win or not i dont think it makes much difference to montesa/honda sales. They are very low anyway.

2 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

There are a few but with no dealer network till recently has spoiled sales. Sandifords didnt go pop because they were selling too many......

I suspect the appointment of the likes of Inch Perfect will have a very positive effect in sales. Did you see the scale of the first batch they had from Honda on their Facebook page?

Time will tell.....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 20/01/2017 at 9:30 AM, nigel dabster said:

A win or not i dont think it makes much difference to montesa/honda sales. They are very low anyway.

Should have come back to this, You're right Dabster ( jeez I agreed with Dabster) sales were always low. However their presence at the Scottish and other UK trials gave us the passion for the Honda marque, how many people these days would give their eye teeth to get their hands on a good original, 80's RTL! 

• Like 1