Ossa Explorer - Correct Gas Tanks Setup?

johnmc408

I have looked at the manual, but the description and pictures aren't enough for me to really understand.

Is the hose that extends from the front of the "top tank" a vent hose?  From the manual, this looks to be yes.  I have a hose extending out and it looks correct to me.

On the bottom tank, there is a metal "nipple" (near the top) that rotates 360 degrees and when the tanks are full, does leak gas out of it.

The nipple looks like it would have a hose attached to it, but there is none currently.  How should this be setup?  Do I just point

the nipple up/front and deal with the gas that sloshes out?  Or, if this is a vent, should it also have a hose?

I can try and take a picture if that helps.

Thanks!

Reading and thinking more about this.  The gas cap (and rubber insert) both have a pin hole in them...so maybe *that* is the gas vent and I need to connect the bottom tank metal nipple to the top tank "vent" hose together...

Maybe I am thinking this all wrong...who knows ;-)

I found a video of a german guy that had the parts to swap from Explorer to Trials and video'd it.  It really looks like the tanks are connected at the top, with what I thought were vent tubes.  I am going to try that out unless somebody lets me know better.

Thanks!

You need to connect the removable tank left-hand hose joint (the left hand side near the headstock) to the frame tank movable nipple. The pipe goes round the front of the headstock. The tanks vent through the removable tank filler cap.

Hope that helps.

Loonal

Edited by loonal