Pre 65 Times

doogle

Going to be arriving in the Kinlochleven area about midday on the Saturday. Will the trial still be going on then? If so where would be the best place to head? I have watched the 6 days many times but never managed to catch any of the pre65, so would like to see some if possible.

Looking at the Friday route, you'll be able to pick up sections on your way into Kinlochleven, but the odd numbered riders should have pretty much passed by noon and even numbers aren't due there until around 1:30 so, depending on when you arrive, possibly time for a spot of lunch (and pick up a programme) in Kinlochleven then head back out the south road. Some of the sections are pretty close to the roadside so are easily spotted.

I went on Saturday last year and am doing the same again this year. It was my first time at the Pre 65 Scottish. 

AS you arrive in Kinlochleven, because of the odd and even numbering you will find bikes and riders travelling in all sorts of random directions and if you just want to see bikes and riders it's dead easy.

If you want to see somebody or something more specific then you need to get a programme and do a bit of planning

Can't claim to be an expert on this but it worked for me

HI,

Coming up from Bedfordshire, as I did many times, your likely route will be to Crianlarich then head over Rannoch Moor towards Fort William, traffic is likely to be heavy on the Saturday ('cos that is the changeover day for many of the thousands of self catering cottages in the highlands) so be ready for that.

As you approach the area of the trial, not long past the Bridge of Orchy Hotel, watch out for the turning right off the main road signposted 'Kinlochleven' and in about three miles is the group of sections at 'Caolasnacoan' on the hillside on the right hand side of the road.

I wouldn't risk going into Kinlochleven first on the Saturday afternoon - as I would hope for the organisers' sakes that all the programmes have been sold by then.......

Edited by laird387