Beta Evo 014 Slow For Revs To Drop

akracing

Hi

i am a newbie to trials starting in January and  have an 014 250 evo , when out riding sunday a more experienced expert rider commented that my bikes revs where taking a long time to drop when the throttle was shut,

so when you shut the throttle the revs seem to take a few seconds to drop to tick over we checked air screw and plug and all seemed fine. The throttle cable does not seem to be sticking as you can hear the slide returning when the throttle is shut.

Any ideas from you more experienced guys in what i should look for as far as i know the bike is standard and running a flywheel weight and slow throttle.

Thanks for your help

About two weeks ago my 125 Beta Evo started to exhibit a similar problem the night before a trial. I would rev the bike and it would hover at almost 10-20% throttle for around 5-15 seconds. I ended up pulling the carb apart, giving it a good clean by blowing compressed air and contact cleaner through all circuits and it resolved the issue.  :hyper:

An air leak at the joint between the carb' and barrel will cause the revs to 'hang' and then drop back down slowly.

Quick way of checking for a leak is to start the engine and spray the area around the carb' with WD40 or similar and listen for the engine note to change.