Dellorto Phbh Float Height.

fourex

Not sure karting set up helps but thats dadoff for you.......

Perhaps ND if you actually opened the link and read it you would realise it does not actually refer to Karts, and it has the information fourex was looking for as well as being a useful general read for any one setting up a Dellorto Carb.

Perhaps if you knew a little about Dellortos and helped someone with a specific problem instead of posting a "general" link you'd be more useful than a chocolate teapot.

Whilst it may or may not refer to karts its not much help in this case.

I replaced virtually everything in this carb when I refurbed the bike a couple of months back which included new needle & seat, floats, banjo etc,etc. Turns out I could have bought an entire new carb for less, you live and learn, anyhow, I only measured the float height last weekend when I had it apart again to fit a clear plastic bowl, they measured at 24mm so I left them alone. The clear bowl proved what I had suspected and that was that the carb was tilted to the left and therefore not level, I had to fit an angled cable adaptor to the top of the carb and a different cable to allow me to level up due to the interference from the exhaust. It ran really well down low previously but was a little flat in the midrange on those trail rides between sections,so when it was apart for the new bowl I went 1 clip richer on the needle at the same time and it is noticeably better now in the mid-range, down low is still very good, almost as good as my modern GG.

Edited by fourex

I dont hate him at all, its just his advice is way off, so much so its wrong.

whats the height you settled on?

Come on then Dabster, exactly what did I post that was wrong?

The reason I pasted a link to the manual is because its not just the float height that is important, its where the measurement is from and the orientation of the carb when its measured.