Pre 65 In Scotland Today ?

trialsrfun

I like Guy Martin  don't get me wrong but he will not be gaining any fans when he turns up as if he is playing in the woods not walking some sections and many others are busting for a ride but get turned away . Who was it that thought it a good idea ??

Hi Guy's.

Hi Andy,

When you doing the wall of death then? (or the 2000 mile bike ride)

Publicity mate and we need it big time.

Good luck all of you.

Kind Regards ~Oo>

I agree Charlie, let's hope he has a film crew with him . 

• Like 1

I too think the publicity that Guy will bring will be positive for both the Pre 65 and SSDT.

The distraction Guy will have from several thousand people some expecting him to blast up sections at a great speed must be bring its own pressures, personally I hope he enjoys the trial, finishes both days and returns to ride again.

• Like 3

At least Guy Martin is a biker. OK yes he has been given priority over some who have probably been trying to get in for years and I understand their frustration but it's good for the event even if it is already oversubscribed and maybe doesn't need a higher profile.

As I say at least he is one of ours not like major road racing type events etc where the grids are full of free loading "celebs" from Coronation Street or tennis.

In motorcycling we need to learn to look after our own rather than beat up those who do good for our sport

• Like 4

Well I watched Guy on a couple of sections yesterday and he looked interested in what he was doing and not 'playing' at it. You could tell he wasn't going to do very well though! Also good to see that he didn't look like he'd gone out and bought 'all the gear'!

I was one of the ones that didn't get a ride but I'm not bitter, in fact after watching some of them struggle up Pipeline I'm almost glad I didn't get an entry!!

• Like 3

I didn't see any film crews other than the normal photographers. To be honest I can't really see why it would be of any benefit to the world of pre 65 trials if someone made a programme about it. Yes it would be interesting to those already involved but I can't see it changing much, not in the right direction anyway.

• Like 2

Hi Guy's.

There may not have been a film crew with Guy Martin.

But any mention in any press will help the cause,

And by golly we need it.

But I am sure there will be a chapter in his next years book about the ride, and this is where the general public get a taste of the situation.

And Just Like "Odgies" book, anything Guy Martin writes in a book you have got to read it to the end.

Anyway Well done to all of those who competed and don't forget Richard Vockins charity.

Best Regards ~Oo>