2016 4Rt Oils To Use

tman427

Tman 427  10W/30 Thumper is a synthetic blend, designed for 4 strokes with separate crankcase and gearbox, they put in better addatives  as these will not affect the clutch. love the bike puts a smile on ya face

• 1 year later...
On 5/5/2016 at 5:50 PM, skippy said:

I have been using bel ray 75w gear saver in the trans and bel ray 10W/30 thumper in the engine, both seem good, I have a 2016 4RT260

For what it's worth, here is my experience with a 2016 4RT260. I did the first engine and gear oil change at 8 hours. Couldn't find Elf anywhere so I bought Belray 75W Gear Saver.

It turned the clutch into a light switch. What used to be super smooth and with a nice easy transition between engaged and disengaged became very abrupt and hard to control.

Then, thanks to the forum, I asked my local Honda dealer if they could order Honda part no. 08C35-HTX-740. He had no idea what it was but he tried and a week later he got it, it's in the bike and the clutch is back to the way it was.

The downside? It's insanely expensive. Almost $60 per liter. I bought 2 bottles. Oh well. I plan to change at 30 hours intervals.