Nova Declaration.

petechamps

Hi,

I'm trying to get an age related registration plate for my 1976 TL250 Honda and I've come across a stumbling block.

I need a Nova reference number.

I bought the bike about 4 years ago from a shop on eBay and I imagine it's been imported from America but I can't find my receipt.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

All the forms I can find on the HMRC website seem to point to the importer to apply for the Nova declaration.

I phoned the HMRC helpline and they told me I need to fill out another form but that asked for a previous registration number......which it's never been registered so doesn't have one.

This doesn't seem like it's going to be easy.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm doing the same thing. Following the VMCC guidance, I called the HMRC on their helpline 03000 583020 and the bloke was really helpful. He sent me a form  VATNOVA1 and following the guidance notes there isn't really much to fill in and many of the sections you leave blank. I haven't heard back yet but will report here once I have an update

I've just spoken to the DVLA about my NOVA application and it couldn't be simpler. I submitted the VATNOVA1 form completing sections 1,2,3, 5, only and they have said that I will get a letter that I send to the DVLA along with my form V55/5 and an MOT certificate. With this you only need to complete questions 2,3,4,7,8,9,10,27, 31,32,33 which are very straightforward. You pay the registration fee that is £55 and the road tax due. Send a covering letter saying you want an age related plate and with any luck you should be good. They may want to inspect the vehicle. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice/help everyone. Got my registration number today! Turns out after contacting Honda uk that my bike is a 1975 TL250 and not '76 like I thought. I went through an agent in the end which was so easy. Thanks to all again.

Edited by petechamps