Miller Sherpa

motovintage

I will be soon, did you ride the Houston event? Will try and make the event in June, I have not been able to ride much since I got the bike back together, it is working surprisingly well, still a few bugs to sort out.

Very nice! What coating did you use on the frame? It looks like a nickel finish...

I also appreciate the modification to the rear fender - looks like it was shortened and a mud flap added. Seeing that gives me ideas for my model 49.

I was at a vintage trials a few weeks ago near Palmdale CA - desert course with a lot of rocks - I was going down a little hill and the bike just went down hard.. hmm - got up and tried to push it off the course and the back wheel was locked up - I carried it off the course and discovered a pretty large rock wedged between the aluminum fender and the swing arm and was it ever stuck. Ended up having to deflate the rear tire to get it to out - as I said - makes me appreciate your the rear fender modification.

Very nice! What coating did you use on the frame? It looks like a nickel finish...

I also appreciate the modification to the rear fender - looks like it was shortened and a mud flap added. Seeing that gives me ideas for my model 49.

I was at a vintage trials a few weeks ago near Palmdale CA - desert course with a lot of rocks - I was going down a little hill and the bike just went down hard.. hmm - got up and tried to push it off the course and the back wheel was locked up - I carried it off the course and discovered a pretty large rock wedged between the aluminum fender and the swing arm and was it ever stuck. Ended up having to deflate the rear tire to get it to out - as I said - makes me appreciate your the rear fender modification.

The Bike is A Sammy Miller special. That is not a Bultaco frame.

Well that is really interesting. Comparing it to my model 49 it looks like the rake on the front fork is more vertical, the rear swing arm looks shorter and the foot pegs are lower. Nice bike!

It's a series 4 Miller frame, the best in my opinion of the Miller frames, the center of gravity is low compared to the later model high boy frames, it's using a model 92 320 cc engine, it works surprising well, the yokes at modified to allow adjustment of the fork height. A lot of work and planning went into this build, some of the parts I had been collecting for 25 years or more. I got the frame only recently and am happy with the result.