Twinshock Trials Engine Limit?

dougie43

Hi - I am reasonably new to the world of trials riding at the age of 14; and since buying (with the help of my parent) a twin shock Honda 125cc trials bike it seems a little underpowered.

Baring in mind I'm not the smallest of teenagers I was wondering if i could upgrade to a 150cc Fantic 200? The Honda needs a few things doing to it and it could cost around £500 to get

right, would it be worth upgrading to a Fantic 200 (If I am able to) or would it be worth getting my bike properly working?

Thanks, Dougie

Generally speaking, a reasonable 200 Fantic beats the socks off even an excellently sorted 125 Honda as a trials bike in the hands of a novice to average rider. Saying that, Fantic twinshock owners know what their bikes are worth so you could be into serious money to obtain one.

What is wrong with the Honda ?  It depends on what you want to do with it as to whether its worth persevering with it. There are plenty of people who ride very well on them,especially with a 150 or 180 conversion. many riders also think they need more power, when actually they don't,they just need to learn how to use what they have got.As already said, a 200 Fantic in good shape is not a cheap or sometimes even easy thing to find...

Can you put up some pictures of your Honda and give us more detail of needs fixing ?

Agree with the above

I have a tl125 (as well as a few others) and the lack of power is sometimes an advantage. I only ride it now and again but when I do often get good results (first class award in scarborough 3 day last year ). Certainly a good bike to learn on.

Cheers

John

Honda TL 125 is possibly one of the worst trail/ trials bike there is to compete on .  Had one as a young man many moons ago then a TY 175 then a new Fantic 200 they are not even on the same page as a Ty or Fantric... Don t do it...

• Like 3