Trials Trousers Jeans Etc

hencam

Hi All,

looking for some suggestions/guidance on trials trousers, a mate of mine has been riding in various forms of trousers, work jeans/overalls etc for the last 6 months while he decides whether or not he likes our hobby/sport.  He does and wants to purchase some more appropriate kit, the issue he is having is with the trousers.  He is not the most normal shaped of chaps, a little broad in the beam and short legs!!!!! :D as he puts it i am not the right shape for an all in one lycra suit!! :)

can anyone recommend some makes and types of trouser,  something good on the skin (no hideous seams or bits to chaffe!) breathable, waterproof and good value (cost being the least important issue if the product is good).  i have a pair of Hebo Baggy trousers, unfortunately they will not get anywhere near his waist size.

size is 40" waist but only a 30" leg.

all suggestions gratefully received! 

I just got a pair of Up and Over pants. designed for trials riders that are not built for Lycra.... Also have built in knee protection which is a bonus.

http://www.upandovertrials.com/pants/

This is from their website...

We've designed our TNT Pants to have a classic, clean look and optimal functionality.

• Lightweight, stretch fabric used throughout offers a full range of motion and comfort. Cordura reinforced knee panels for durability.
  • Large crotch stretch panel offers both flexibility, as well as the ability to exhaust heat.
  • Removable, CE rated pads at the knees.
  • Zippered front pocket gives you room for your car keys, money, etc.
  • Close, but not skin-tight fitment gives a flattering profile for most body types.

"TNT" stands for "trials 'n trail". If you're a trail rider, you may think trials outerwear is pretty much the same as motocross gear, but it's not. The same properties that make these pants great for trials also make them perfect for the trail, especially if you like to hammer technical singletrack. The combination of light weight, breathability, and flexible comfort will keep you in the saddle long after your buddies have faded!

Edited by michael_t

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...

That is strange I emailed them about gloves I bought from them because they ripped when I took a tumble into some rough stuff... emailed me right back and sold me a new pair at a discount... very good to deal with. I am very happy with the pants I tossed them through the wash yesterday and they are looking like new.

NSNov.jpg

And no I did not put on a pile of weight for our Canadian winter, I have protective gear on under my jacket...

Edited by michael_t