Grips

dwb5151

Hi i was just wondering what would be the best grips you could reccommend i was looking at these ones what do you think  and what glue do you use to stick the grips on. As the grips i have at the moment are giving me plisters.

$_12.JPG

I use Renthal's, medium compound: http://www.splatshop.co.uk/renthal-trials-grips.html

I don't use grip glue. I just use two winds of electrical tape on the bars (only because I like a fatter feel on the bars, no other reason... feel free to skip the tape), then put some gas inside the grip, swish it around, dump it, then push the grip onto the bars. Been using the same method since about 1997 ;)

The grips most likely have nothing to do with you getting blisters by the way. If they're on your palms, you're most likely holding on way too tight, or you spend all day washing dishes and have fragile skin... more time on the bike will solve the latter as you build up some callouses, relax to solve the former.

Edited by heffergm
  • Like 2

I use Renthal's, medium compound, apply brake cleaner and wire em on.  Works great for me.  

As for blisters, I get them as well, however I blame my soft hands and lack of riding for most of that.  (I likely grab a bit hard as well but why would I admit that?  ;) ) 

I too use the 2 winds of electrical tape.  but I use compressed air to expand the grips to put them on and then wire tie them.

No issues with movement.

I use Pro-taper grips soft compound full diamond pattern.  (cut the end plug out to accept bar end plugs)

pro_16_gri_ful_dia_mx-lig_gry.jpg

Edited by zippy

We use the Dual Domino grips pictured. I use wd40 to get them on then Wire them to the bars. That's what the gaps in the outer material are for. You use a Grip Pliers to twist the ends of the wire and get the ends into the "notches" so the tags do not catch your gloves.

• Like 1

I usually use Renthal but bought these Pro-Grip brand grips for my Scorpa and like them a lot. I use hair spray as lube to slide them on then safety wire. I have been doing this procedure since the 90's on my dirtbikes so I just carried it over to my trials bike. 

V7X8Cfn.jpg?2

The new S3 grips clamp on and don't move , had them on the section I sold and loved them . Just a tad bigger OD. than renthals  etc. Bigger dia. may help with blisters too. but you've got to learn to relax your hands , hanging on for dear life is not how to ride trials , a lite sensitive grip works much better...

Glenn  B)