Ossa Misfire

badger360

Having a few problems with the ossa the bike started misfiring as if i was running out of fuel so i changed the plug and it made no difference the bike starts first kick and ticks over fine when you open the throttle it dies as if it not getting any fuel the fuel filter has been changed about 5 rides ago checked all the connections are fine .Hope its not the fuel pump anyone else had this problem

Get it on the diagnostic cables if you have access, you can check the pump and injector to make sure they are working okay. I would also maybe drain the fuel and put some fresh mix in just in case. What fuel oil ratio are you using. It could also be tps related but I think it would need to be massively out of whack to cause a misfire. Make sure the plug is the correct one, I have always run an iridium plug with no issues whatsoever, never changed it in 3 years of ownership.

Have had them misfire with throttle position sensor after making the rookie mistake of "adjusting the idle up" without setting the new position as the zero on the laptop.

They also seem to periodically need connecting and idle position resetting as the idle slows as the bike is used.

Had the tps reset a few months ago i dont have access to the cable tried 2 new plug still the same the bike starts first kick and ticks over fine is sound like a fuel issue ,put new fuel i think the fuel pump may have gone i changed the fuel filter 5 rides ago but left the fuel pump as the bike was running fine its a pain in the back side to change the pump

You have to remove the fuel pump to replace the fuel filter anyway- but it is a bit of a pain.

Same setup as KTM uses- I replaced both the pump and filter on mine, figured I'd replace the filter and maybe the pump on the old assembly. That way I'll have one all ready.

Make sure the sensor in the airbox is clean and airfilter clean of course.

Ok great will check the hose in the morning another thing i notice was when i took the injector out it was clean there is usally some oil on it also the top of the piston was dry as well as the spark plug even though i had the bike ticking over for a whlie.when the bike was started no smoke came out the exhaust .I know the fuel is getting the the injector but not from the injector to cylinder it almost like the bike has gone into limp home mode

All fixed needed a new throttle body with tps ,the tps was already set from the factory so just bolted on and started second kick I did clean the the old TPS but still had problems so it must have failed great service from Ossa uk Nigel Birkket rung him friday and got the new throttle body this morning top service.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought the problem was fixed but its come back after changing the throttle body the bike ran fine rode it round the garden it was back to normal put the bike away tried it again in the week again only round the garden and it was fine started it today and the problems back ticks over but when i touch the throttle it dies as if its running out of fuel.any one have any ideas please.