Ossa Tr77 Oil Leak

bondy

hello i have a oil leak on my ossa TR77 its comming from the crank center gasket near the sump plug its only a slow leak is there any way i can stop it with out splitting the engine? cheers chris.

Check that the crankcase screws are fully tightened, you never know.

If the are, lie the bike on its side, clean off the affected area with brake cleaner and apply plastic padding petrol patch or such like - something that is oil / petrol resistant. I stopped one leaking like this once until I had time to strip it and find the actual cause (crack in the casing in my case due to the bashplate being hammered out of shape from hard use over many years and therefore touching the cases)

I've used araldite to fix a split in my Commerfords slab tank and this has lasted a few years now, but you'd have to put the bike upside down to use araldite, as if it's only on its side, the araldate will just run downwards away from the required area when applied

• Like 1

Cheers Woody thats a big help ill give it a go i really dont want to split it as iv'e never rebuilt a ossa engine i beleave they are alot diffrant to the bultaco witch am use to so i wont Atempt i. For got to say the engine is out the frame so easy to get at it.

Edited by bondy