Scorpa 2005 Sy250 - General Maintanence...

jmgoodall

Hello,

I have recently bought a Scorpa 2005 SY250.

I am pretty much clueless on how to change oil, filters etc but keen to learn how to do everything myself.

I was wondering if anyone knows of videos / websites or other on Trials Bike maintenance they could point me in the right direction.

Any recommendation welcome.

Kind regards,

John

Not much to do. Air filter is under rear fender. Clean and oil it. Job done. Gearbox oil lasts forever. Change it every now  and then use ATF. Go ride it and fix when something breaks which is very seldom. Brilliant bike. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

• 5 months later...

Hello

im a noobie on the market for a bike and the 2005 sy 250 seems like a very reasonable option for me . Just curious as to how your bikes have been in the months/years you've owned them ? Any help and advice would be much appreciated . 

Rich

Rich they are great bikes for a noob, it was my first ever trials bike, as said above, not much ever goes wrong with them. Getting the carb out is a task but then again getting the carb back in on modern trials bikes is an even bigger task. 

27 minutes ago, cabby said:

Rich they are great bikes for a noob, it was my first ever trials bike, as said above, not much ever goes wrong with them. Getting the carb out is a task but then again getting the carb back in on modern trials bikes is an even bigger task. 

Cheers cabby

the most important thing to me is reliability . I'm only gunna be using the bike for a weekend tootle around and practicing basic trials technique . I've read from a few threads that the old Yamaha engine in them is reliable but heavy , sluggish and not capable of things that newer trials bikes of today are . but then again I figure the bike would be capable of doing things far beyond my ability .