Interview With Paxau And Albert Cabestany's Bike Up Close

gasgas249uk

Here is an interview we carried out with the engineer Josep Paxau .

He is the mechanic and engineer who designed every GasGas until 1999 and every Sherco since.

Just by coincidence when we were there ,  Albert Cabestany's bike was on the bench being worked on and i got some snaps of that. 

Pol Tarres also arrived . It makes for  an interesting read . The photos of the workshop equipment and all the prototype bikes i think are nice . I put it on my hobby web.

There are hundreds of photos , many from Paxau's archive.

Its starts with the interview and moves onto the workshop tour with Caby's bike

http://www.retrotrials.com/exclusive-interview-with-josep-paxau.html

IMG_2687_zpsmhgi7smc.jpg

P9071642_zpsuhbfhcko.jpg

• Like 8

A friend of mine who is friends with Paxi completed the interview so I had little control.Id have run longer into the detail.

We wouldn't have got the interview and photos without him so I have to be grateful.

Re the problems - some unnamed supplier or a factory manager would have been blamed. I'm sure about that. It wouldn't have lay at his door , of that I can be certain ;).

• Like 1

Nice! Some great pics, info and story:) A real modern trials pioneer :thumbup:   Never mind the 4t or rear fuel tank 2010s....What about the 2015 factory 300...Very beautiful looking machine that SO many new owners had massive issues with, Too bad.

• Like 1

Nice! Some great pics, info and story:) A real modern trials pioneer :thumbup:   Never mind the 4t or rear fuel tank 2010s....What about the 2015 factory 300...Very beautiful looking machine that SO many new owners had massive issues with, Too bad.

Let's no nit pick here the man's legacy to modern trials is unsurpassed.

As someone who can barely fix a puncture I really have to marvel at his achivements. 

Our last great engineer on the trials front was probably Mick Andrews and that wasn't last week.

What have we made over the last 20 years?

Any advances on a set of snail cams and a front number board?

• Like 2