Pol Tarres Retires From Trial

After disappointing results and disliking no stop Pol is calling it a day. He is looking to move towards extreme enduro and is talking to manufacturers. I think he has a great opportunity to do well here

This was inevitable. There's no point flogging a dead horse and being pi**ed off at the end of each weekend. I am no expert at all , but I have my own opinion of what could have been done to improve and i fed this to them. It was to little to late and the rot had set in so to speak.

Good luck Pol

Pol's post from social network - 

Dear Friends:
After much soul-searching I've taken the decision that my stage in the trial has come to an end.
Hasn't been easy to get to this conclusion. The trial to day has been my life, my passion, I've had good times and some not so good but thanks to the people that's always been there for me I've outgrown them. Has taught me to respect my partners, rivals and to appreciate aspects of life as important as the humility, the effort and the fellowship.
For some time I feel discouraged, for personal reasons and sports and I'm not happy with what I do.
I'm taking the best in the world of the trial, the friends, the rivals and especially a great hobby to which I am very grateful for always being there.
Also tell you that it's just a see you later. My intention is to embark on new projects within the motorcycling and the competition, with new spirits and surrounded by the great family that are the ones that we love the world of the engine.
I want to thank my family, my friends the help received ever. To all the brands, it has been a pride to defend their colors and especially to trs motorcycles for having done everything possible to ensure that this year has been able to be in the world despite many difficulties.
Also to my sponsors for the help that I have received during all these years.
And I don't want to forget all the backpackers that during my career I have supported and helped at all.
Special mention to Sergio Perez that during these last few years has been by my side and to francesc siurana in this season that has supported me in everything.
And to finish a huge hug to all the fans and my followers on social networks, thanks to them I'll come out ahead in this new phase.
Simply, thank you all and see you later!

Ouch... and his results were slipping which upset him.

He gave it all a good shot though didn't he.

I hope his 6'4 stature , balance , courage and fitness do him well in enduro.

I've offered him my Mk11 Frontera foc.... but he's not jumped at. He should have snapped my hand off

• Like 1

Strange as it seems is true. Being tall is a disadvantage in Trials. Even the Tarres family regard Pol as being too tall. His centre of gravity is therefore higher. Whilst there may have been good taller trials riders is better to be 5'7 - 6 max. It becomes clearer when you see a small kid riding They have less lateral leverage on the tyre foot print. It's just physics.

So it just shows how good DL is.

I blame my lousy trials career on this .... and beer :)

• Like 1

"Being Tall...I blame my lousy trials career on this .... and beer"

​Oh Rubbish!  Stop riding all those out of date (but highly collectable and cleverly engineered) 90s relics.

• Like 1

Unless you're over something like 6' 4" (at which point i think you'd struggle to get comfortable on a trials bike) then I don't think being tall is any disadvantage at all. I'm 6' 2" and don't find I'm at a disadvantage. When I was a schoolboy I'd say being tall was even a slight advantage at times (although seats were a lot higher then!).

Edited by smarty156

Unless you're over something like 6' 4" (at which point i think you'd struggle to get comfortable on a trials bike) then I don't think being tall is any disadvantage at all. I'm 6' 2" and don't find I'm at a disadvantage. When I was a schoolboy I'd say being tall was even a slight advantage at times (although seats were a lot higher then!).

Have you ever won a world championship?

You're right. If only I was shorter I would have been World Champion. So simple. Why did I not get my legs shortened earlier?

What a stupid response.

Just to explain a little, stupid or not, there is a distinct advantage at the top level to be smaller rather than bigger. Top level relates to the topic as Pol has struggled at this level to get any really good results and as one of the things that has worked against him is his size.

• 1 month later...