Stiffer Rear Shock Spring

stu3y

ive been looking in to a harder rear shock spring as ive read the standard spring is suited to riders up to 80KG im around 97KG without helmet and boots!

ive seen a couple of shops online do a 10% and 20% stronger spring but no stock.

ive found this 1 but no idea if its 10 or 20% has any one used it? http://trialstribulations.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34_66&products_id=2388

any other suggestions for a 97KG rider? 

manufacturers spend  1000's shaving 1/2 a kilo off their bikes, then sell em to fat people!......sorry only joking!,  seriously is that not what the preload adjustment is for? also I must say the "standard setting" seems to be for quite small people these days

I had heavier front and rear springs on my 2011 Evo from Steve Saunders (SXS) they were purfect for my bulk.

Different setup on the Evo 15/16's as front spring just about heavy enough, using an Ohlins rear spring with special custom adapter.

I've got the one size up front and rear on my '13 EVO. Works fine for my 100kg lard ass. Preload is different than spring rate. If you crank the preload up you have to have that much weight on the bike before the suspension moves so you lose all compliance up to that point. Imagine going down a steep hill and the weight transfer moves to the forks. You now have a hard tail in the rear. Very nasty. A heavier spring with less preload will usually have some compliance in the same situation.

Oh yeah, got mine from Steve Saunders too. Neat to order a part and get a confirmation email from one of your heros.?

Edited by dan williams