Levers

paul7

Newbie question, so I've gotta buy a new clutch lever, snapped the end off the one on the bike now. Thinking about replacing the brake lever too with one that's shaped so it's a little easier to reach with the one finger, not sure that would be the thing to do on the clutch side due to it not disengaging the clutch fully when it's pulled in, although I seem to have more free play on the clutch lever. Lot's of choices on levers, short, medium and longs, which is the best for someone with smaller hand. Thanks

I'm using Apico 3 finger levers and move the lever clamps along the bars inwards so I can use a single finger.

I think this helps them from braking off in a crash because I've had my current levers on for a couple of seasons.

I'm using Apico 3 finger levers and move the lever clamps along the bars inwards so I can use a single finger.

I think this helps them from braking off in a crash because I've had my current levers on for a couple of seasons.

I like the idea of the cold forged ones, I call Monday see what they have in stock, they're closed today.

The pin between the lever and the master cylinder piston can be shortened. Do this in small steps to get it right. This is the best solution for small hands. Good luck.

Thanks! I'll try that on the front brake master cylinder. Riding where I feel comfortable and have throttle control I feel like i'm riding the front brake a little and I'm maxed out on adjustment (I think)

• 1 month later...

Well ended up with Jitsie cold forged, they're shaped so where you grip the lever it's a little closer to the bar then I tweaked the brake lever a little so it was a little closer yet, worked great, didn't have to file the pins. 

• Like 1