Brexit And Trials

bigplonker

Sounds like a good holiday!

Now here's a different scenario:

You go on holiday with 27 mates, some like cycling others don't, some like walking etc etc

You all end up sitting on the beach, yourself and 9 others of the group contribute various amounts of cash to buy beer for everyone, due to financial circumstances the other 18 couldn't contribute to the kitty. 

The next morning you wake, count up the bottles and find that the 18 have drank more than their fare share.

Because everyone seems to have had a great holiday, you all make a pact to do the same again next year and every year after that.

After about 40 years you declare to the group that you won't be coming next year as you have decided to go on holiday on your own for a change, the other 27 members try to convince you that you'll be lonely and will have to drink on your own

You reply to them, "lonely? you must be joking, where I'm going, there's 17 million folk who feel the same way as I do and with the cash I'll save from having to chip in every year for the extra beer, I'll be able to afford an extra days holiday

Some people think whats best for themselfs, others think about a bigger picture.

We can also say **** the elderly, we dont want to pay for their care! No money for the farmers, let them take care of themselves! Etc.

IMO not the way to go.

For as far as I see everyone can get education, and things are not so bad. There is a big generation who feels like they made big progress and got a lot of extra wealth, but those are probably also the ones who created problems with that (enviroment, but also migration etc). When we needed workers for jobs we dont want to do they are good enough and now we dont want them anymore?

There are problems, serious problems but lets fix them with eachother. Problems might have been a lot bigger without our ''friends''. Take countries like poland and chech republic, they have made great progress and add to the total economy now.

Edited by crazybond700

Look mate its bad enough being controlled by a strange, remote, unyielding organisation, with massive complex rule books and thousands of officials, also know as the ACU, without another one called EU!

Enough U's I say. 

Alternatively Blighty might become like Cuba with their old Yank cars kept going for ever as we could be dragging all those air cooled monos out of the back of the shed. 

Or better still let's persuade Yamaha to sell those super light trick four strokes bikes to us instead. They're not in the EU are they?

Some people think whats best for themselfs, others think about a bigger picture.

We can also say **** the elderly, we dont want to pay for their care! No money for the farmers, let them take care of themselves! Etc.

IMO not the way to go.

For as far as I see everyone can get education, and things are not so bad. There is a big generation who feels like they made big progress and got a lot of extra wealth, but those are probably also the ones who created problems with that (enviroment, but also migration etc). When we needed workers for jobs we dont want to do they are good enough and now we dont want them anymore?

There are problems, serious problems but lets fix them with eachother. Problems might have been a lot bigger without our and#39;and#39;friends'and#39;. Take countries like poland and chech republic, they have made great progress and add to the total economy now.

There's nothing wrong in taking care of the elderly and making sure every child has a decent education, imo these should be forefront in the everyone's mind.

But here's a bigger picture:

If you are going to assist farmers by subsidising their income to make them competitive in the world market, make sure you are helping each farmer equally and certainly don't pay them money for leaving their fields barren or producing more food than the market requires

Make no mistake, anyone who leaves their own country to work or reside in another country, doesn't do it because that country has failed to provide skills training for it's children or failed to motivate it's own unemployed workforce to get off their backside, those who migrate do it purely for their own and their children's benefit and for no one else.

Now whilst I don't blame any man for wanting a better life for himself and his family, if the cost of his better life means that my own family has to suffer poorer education, reduced access to health services, less chance of landing a job and an increase in housing costs, don't be surprised if one day I turn round and say:

"Sorry mate but this situation cannot continue, you've either got to stop drinking so much beer or take a break from coming on these annual holidays, if you're not prepared to do either, then for the sake of my own self, I have no option but to make that decision for you"

Did someone say education was important?

Heard various figures for immigration but I'll go with the highest for last year at 330k.

Then I watched the leave advert trying to illustrate how much quicker you would be seen at hospital after we left. A local hospital to me had over 2 million patient contacts last year. So do you really think immigration caused the delay at your local hospital? Every immigrant last year needs to attend hospital 6 times to consume the capacity of one large hospital. It is the biggest local hospital but we have 6 more within 50 miles.

How many of the immigrants were under 16 in terms of the school places argument? how many were even from Europe ? And then farage has backtracked on the NHS funding before 9 am on Friday! It may not have been his original statement but he didn't challenge it before the vote did he ?

Blaming everything on a small group of population is a dangerous game.

But we now need to make this work, we live in a democracy and have to accept the result. Can we go back to the nostop debate now ?

Edited by baldilocks
  • Like 1

Look mate its bad enough being controlled by a strange, remote, unyielding organisation, with massive complex rule books and thousands of officials, also know as the ACU, without another one called EU!

Enough U's I say. 

Alternatively Blighty might become like Cuba with their old Yank cars kept going for ever as we could be dragging all those air cooled monos out of the back of the shed. 

Or better still let's persuade Yamaha to sell those super light trick four strokes bikes to us instead. They're not in the EU are they?

They used to all come trough italy, dont know how its business is now.

Those small 225's etc never officially made it to europe I think. Some came trough ''grey'' import, and they were popular amongst (yamaha sponsored) racers etc because they make great pitlane bikes, and are nice to have around an mx track.

Edited by crazybond700

There's nothing wrong in taking care of the elderly and making sure every child has a decent education, imo these should be forefront in the everyone's mind.

But here's a bigger picture:

If you are going to assist farmers by subsidising their income to make them competitive in the world market, make sure you are helping each farmer equally and certainly don't pay them money for leaving their fields barren or producing more food than the market requires

Make no mistake, anyone who leaves their own country to work or reside in another country, doesn't do it because that country has failed to provide skills training for it's children or failed to motivate it's own unemployed workforce to get off their backside, those who migrate do it purely for their own and their children's benefit and for no one else.

Now whilst I don't blame any man for wanting a better life for himself and his family, if the cost of his better life means that my own family has to suffer poorer education, reduced access to health services, less chance of landing a job and an increase in housing costs, don't be surprised if one day I turn round and say:

"Sorry mate but this situation cannot continue, you've either got to stop drinking so much beer or take a break from coming on these annual holidays, if you're not prepared to do either, then for the sake of my own self, I have no option but to make that decision for you"

Yes, and in my opinion the country (or our countries) have failed then. It easy to say standing on the sideline offcoarse but there should be better management.

But well I dont think we will agree at the end, and thats fine by me. I sincerely hope this does not turn out bad for all of us. Also I need to be honest and I had to laugh a little last night after the soccer match :P lets say good ironic timing.

Edited by crazybond700

In terms of the currency the pound would have collapsed to a similar level whether we remained or left, it is just that the time frame would have been longer. This is not my view but the consensus of currency analysts.

If we had remained in the EU then the decline in GBP would have resulted in us being forced to join the Euro or in order to keep GBP we would need to massively bolster our feeble gold reserves.

Personally I think Jean Claude Juncker’s head should be on the block right now as he is completely out of touch with the will of the European community. If he had reigned back on the political union agenda I doubt we would have left. It is convenient to blame David Cameron but JCJ’s stubbornness to react and amend direction in accordance to the will of the people just confirms how undemocratic the EU is.

• Like 3

A common market requires goods to be produced at a comparable cost, which requires comparable wages which equals comparable living standards. The only exception being if you are able to solely produce high value products or high skill services that no one can compete with you on - but this is only theoretical as low skilled work always remains. (Outside of Europe where differences in technology are greater, you could also achieve comparable cost through automation)

This in my view is a valid argument to leave, or something to address depending on your point of view, I was disappointed to see the campaign focus so heavily on immigration.

Immigration stems from the nature of a common market that includes free movement combined with our governments actions.

If to maintain a higher standard of living you set a minimum wage higher than other states, then the people from those other states will naturally immigrate to you, the bigger the wage gap the higher the numbers. If too many of your people pursue the extremes of either higher education or generous benefits you leave a skills void, and again you get immigration.

Not that immigration is necessarily a problem, but in the UK you can't have a serious debate about it as you'd get labelled racist, which means you can't take steps to manage it.

Added to this some of mainland Europe want closer political union, Britain just wants trade. Projects generally fail when not everyone shares the same goal.

Edited by totty79
  • Like 1

I'd suggest that somebody who has enough intelligence and determination to look at the minimum wage in another country and decide to move would consider both wages and living costs. It must be more about the availability of work than just minimum wage. Yes people born elsewhere work in the UK, but if our resident population are not prepared or capable of doing a job employers will recruit from overseas.

Football may provide an example, watched by some people no doubt who don't like immigration.

• Like 1

We managed before the EU & we'll managed again

The wheels of trials bikes will keep on turning

BTW many farmers voted to Leave last week - as they are fed up of cross compliance & EU regulations & many haven't received their farm sub payments, in full or at all this year anyway

Most farmers would sooner plough their own furrow now ......just like most Trials riders :)

Edited by johnnyboxer
  • Like 2

Yes, and in my opinion the country (or our countries) have failed then. It easy to say standing on the sideline offcoarse but there should be better management.

But well I dont think we will agree at the end, and thats fine by me. I sincerely hope this does not turn out bad for all of us. Also I need to be honest and I had to laugh a little last night after the soccer match :P lets say good ironic timing.

Well there's a couple of points I can agree with you, we could all do with better management and I also hope that this situation does not turn out bad for any of us.

As for the football I personally don't give two hoots who wins but I do like to see the underdog take the lead now and again.

Well there's a couple of points I can agree with you, we could all do with better management and I also hope that this situation does not turn out bad for any of us.

As for the football I personally don't give two hoots who wins but I do like to see the underdog take the lead now and again.

Lol, we Dutch are allowed to make jokes this year, since we are not even there!