Help With Climber 280 Parts

anoldsman

I purchased a '92(?) Aprilia Climber 280 (purple tank and yellow fenders) a while back and found out that I need to replace the piston, rings, O-rings, wrist pin bearing and some other parts.  I haven't been able to find much.  Mike at the Tryals Shop in NY was very helpful but even he gave up trying to find pistons.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Otherwise, it's going to have to be sold as a parts bike.

What country are you in ? Have you tried Wiseco ?

http://www.wiseco.com/

I am in the USA.  Wiseco is the first place that I tired but my contact there said that they have no data on that setup.  So, I would have to send in a sample piston and order several pistons (around $1000-$2000) which I can not afford.  If I was sure that I could sell the pistons that I don't need that would be an option but, it is a lot of money up front that I just don't have right now.

The land of guns and Trump me thinks.

I think they are Rotax engines. I'm sure there is an engine parts supplier over here that someone will remember. Rathmell might still have some stock. Send him an email at MRS.

Good luck

Hahahaha...Yep!  Such great choices we have.  A woman that is incompetent, a liar and should be in jail or a man that is...well...the same.  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

Thanks for the contact information.  I will send him an email later today.

• 5 months later...

They are still available in Germany and Italy, you will get an PM.

Mike Kromer is very helpful if he hasn't then it's really difficult to find one in the US.

Would you share that info? I'm not in need yet, but I wouldn't mind picking up a spare before they're all gone!

Thanks!