What Are You Doing To Make It Grow

bbk

Hello everyone, Im looking for ideas to help our sport here in america .  Do you have club dues or riding feesif you so how much? , do you hand out trophies or ribbions, how do you set up your sections? 

Do you have to have a license? 

A press release at the local press is what my club do, it does attract people to come by and look at the trials not many that never had been in touch with trials but a few and these that came once do come then frequently or sign up too. We also did an article from the trials, now the local press send a reporter too.

It has only a local impact but still an impact.

• Like 1

ive talked to different clubs here. I want to know what you guys do. when you have a competition do you pay a riding fee to compete ? how much? do you get anything if the win? how many section do you ride in an event ? how do you ride

Its difficult. Open days are possible where people can ride without any commitment.

But at the end people have to buy a bike and then they will be looking for a location to ride, if they dont than they are not going to come...

But I also guess space is a little bit different there and here. We have like 10 clubs or something in our small yet crouded country. Longest drive is 2 hours. And if you would drive from club to club the max time in between is 45 min or so?

Edited by crazybond700

I can only refer to classic Trials, to the fees for entrys:

The fee is around 15 - 25 € per event, it's in first hand for the insurance and second first-aid/rescue team with ambulance truck. Both is mandantory for trials events.

For nationals you need additional too a licence which is between 10 - 50€ depending age and membership to motorsport associations.

For non clubmembers for riding on our trials- trail- and training area there is a fee which is 10 € per day, additional you have to sign a liability waiver to the Club too to wear safty equipment and follow the environmental rules.

Edited by pschrauber