2017 Models Released. Opinions?

markg

2 hours ago, fxstbi said:

I have the same type of tach/hour meter and it reads about half of the RPM it should read. The brand I have is Hardline and it reads correctly on my Beta 4t. I've not found a way to change the one on the Montesa so it displays the correct RPM. My instructions show an alternate way to attach the wire directly to the plug cap, I might try that to see if that solves the problem. Just curious, is there a way to adjust the RPM on the Montesa without a lap top?

So maybe I am running at about 1800 - but it does not sound that fast - I have heard some 4RT's at trials that sound like they are 'racing'. There is a screw on the throttle body to adjust the idle. It's like an old carb type screen (and in the same sort of place - but clearly its an electronic adjustment.

• Like 1

stevelimb has it, screw on the throttle body to adjust the idle.  The setting allows for the minor adjustment you might need to keep the idle correct at altitude or the shift from summer to winter weather depending on where you live. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stevelimb said:

So maybe I am running at about 1800 - but it does not sound that fast - I have heard some 4RT's at trials that sound like they are 'racing'. There is a screw on the throttle body to adjust the idle. It's like an old carb type screen (and in the same sort of place - but clearly its an electronic adjustment.

Screw is an air bleed I think.

worth cleaning now and again

• Like 2

On 04/01/2017 at 10:13 PM, ourian said:

It is indeed an air screw, turn anticlockwise to increase revs, clockwise to decrease

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19584

Yes you're right it's not electronic it is air screw for the idle speed.

I've added some carbon now and here are a few pics. Maybe I need a new iPhone you can't see the fork protectors very well on this.

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

Edited by stevelimb
  • Like 1

I've put a few carbon bits on mine too. Full length fork protectors and frame guards. New bar ends, gas cap vent, number plate and an hour/tach meter. I just received a 9t front sprocket, probably go on tomorrow. Note the Honda stickers on the swing arm.:)

IMG_3223.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 4:18 PM, fxstbi said:

Looking good, where did you get the blue case guard? I'm really enjoying mine, they are incredible machines.

HandD Racing. I did want black but they had run out. I now like the blue goes with the new colours.

• Like 1