Budget Trials Build

andrep

After a long time away from the garage I finally got a change to visit my coworker´s place, now I got the more demanding parts done. I hade to make two spacers for the back wheel and he welded my aluminium brake pedal to work with this build. Still have to drill the hole for it but otherwise should be all set-up. The swingarm also needed some changes for the support bracket to fit so just added some welds there and gut it to shape. 
A few weeks ago also got my hands on a set of used Dunlop D803, going to use them with a tube but they´re definetly going to be an upgrade to these old stiff mx tyres.

post-22747-0-50597500-1471900091_thumb.jpg

post-22747-0-45472900-1471900106_thumb.jpg

post-22747-0-87554400-1471900143_thumb.jpg

Yes, unfortunately that´s the pace I get to work with, now I´m waiting on my friend to return so I could try everything on but as it turned out, he´ll be back on thursday but that day I´ll be working till morning and so days turn to weeks and somehow a month goes by with no progress.
Still planning to finish it :) 

Yes, unfortunately that´s the pace I get to work with, now I´m waiting on my friend to return so I could try everything on but as it turned out, he´ll be back on thursday but that day I´ll be working till morning and so days turn to weeks and somehow a month goes by with no progress.

Still planning to finish it :)

All depends if you planned it to be a long term project from the beginning or if you wanted it done before the following week of starting it.

If you planned long term, just take it at the pace you can get and enjoy the build.

All depends if you planned it to be a long term project from the beginning or if you wanted it done before the following week of starting it.

If you planned long term, just take it at the pace you can get and enjoy the build.

Yeah, no problems with that, it has already been 7 years in the making, which of like 8 months have been active :) So not rushing to get it finished but planning to have it running before the end of this year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Any progress?

Hey, unfortunately none what so ever, been really busy with work and it´s a Murphy, as soon as I´m free, my friend isn´t. But have been thinking about an engine swap, just because on spare parts, even if I do get that one running I might run into a problem really soon and for that it would be good to have a more popular/modern engine.

• 11 months later...

ALL IS NOT LOST!!!
So today I acquired a garage, I´ve been looking for almost 2 years and it´s finaly happening. 
Still a little messy and a long ways from anything else then a storage unit but try to work on it as much as possible.
Underground unit that hasn´t really been used for 5 years or longer, I´m worried that the damp air will be my biggest worry but we´ll see, otherwise the plan is to get it cleaned out and painted to help with the lights that will be added.
Then I can move in :) 

IMG_7496.thumb.JPG.2c68a0aa56b2d95f105717038d075acf.JPGIMG_7497.thumb.JPG.25d82dd61d3f08404b79e5de897903f2.JPGIMG_7498.thumb.JPG.9d4b7984246c6f78ff9bb5020824346e.JPG

Edited by andrep
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 6:58 PM, nigel dabster said:

Lets see how the project is going. Ive got some decent tyres a pair of bars probably some mudgaurds too that id be happy to send free of charge.

private message me your address if these items would help at all?

Thanks, would be awesome but I live all the way in Estonia, would be even happy to pay for it but I´m afraid it´s goint to be more exspensive then geting them from here...

2 hours ago, katana said:

The man cave, every man needs one.

Yes, it´s been almost 7 years since I owned one :)