Evo 300 4T V. Montesa 4Rt - My Take

sammyd173

I'm starting to feel Beta may have the 4t edge.

No one has horror story posted, my gripe is the lack of dealers and tech support in the US. On the other hand, I can vouch for the concern that Beta USA has about having a working product and satisfied customer, which I am.

From what I have been hearing from riders and on the forums the beta is the best bike for riding but the build quality wouldnt be as good as the montesa.Apparently the beta is better in wet mudy conditions as it grips better.

I gather it's a motor out job to check the valve clearances on the Beta whereas the Mont is easily accessible, which may or may not concern you.

I know someone who has run a 1300 or so tickover for years and reports no problems but I've not tried it myself.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

I gather it's a motor out job to check the valve clearances on the Beta whereas the Mont is easily accessible, which may or may not concern you.

I know someone who has run a 1300 or so tickover for years and reports no problems but I've not tried it myself.

I do not believe the motor on the Beta needs removing to check clearances

• Like 1

I looked back to check my recall Steve and, technically, you are right; owners said it was a case of draining the coolant, disconnecting various bits and pieces then pivoting the motor round the swingarm pivot. Reported as being three hours worth but I daresay it won't need doing too often in practice once an owner gets the feel for how the gaps change over time.

I'd like to know if there is an easier way as I'd consider one for my next bike.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke