Trial Encamp

baldilocks

Ok it's a long drive unless you have a friend in Spain to lend you a bike. But I rode the 2 Days Trial Encamp last weekend, fantastic trial, really recommend it. Single lap each day of 20 sections, yes that's not that many but it takes around 7 hours each day as it's a long way round.

If you have ever ski ed in Andorra the first day is based on the ski slopes of Soldeu and Pas de la Casa.

To make the trip worthwhile contact Sandra Bonet, this lady provides accomodation a few km from the start and also does trials excursions. So you could do a few days practice / trail riding in the pyrenees followed by the trial.

• Like 1

Not that I know of but I'd recommend any of the following in no particular order

Tre Giorni Valtellina - Italy - staged in Bormio, spectacular location, search YouTube for videos. Usually Aug Bank Holiday

Santigosa 3 day - Spain - about an hour north of Girona , some of the best natural sections I've ever ridden. Single route trial always runs Easter weekend.

Trial Encamp - see above

French Four day - Sardent, it's on this week. No water sections as not permitted but with 5 routes there's a section for everyone.

Reeth 3 day - uk fantastic location, great sections 3 routes

Alwinton 2 day UK as Reeth but two day

Weather is a challenge at either extreme. 36c last year in Italy, it was a nine hour day. What I would have given for some rain that day. When it's bad weather in Scotland you simply wear the right gear. But no matter how hot it gets you are always going to need boots, trial pants, gloves, top , helmet and a rucksack. All of these events present their own challenge and I've enjoyed competing in all of them