Wes Alloy Clubfoot

smelling123

10 hours ago, sherpa325 said:

All the blue plastic tanks I have seen have had the two captive 6mm nuts in the plastic that the tap is attached to, the red199 tank I am pretty sure has a 12mm thread

PS I have no idea what tap fits the UK alloy tanks, but I assume they are UK only?

Cheers Greg

apologies i meant the tank to frame fixing not fuel tap!!! Yes fuel tap is 6mm, correct.

"PS I have no idea what tap fits the UK alloy tanks, but I assume they are UK only? "

The aluminium tank I bought in the UK has a M12 thread for the tap. 
Weren't aluminium tanks mandatory at the time in the UK (only), to replace the polyester tanks that were prone to crack? Before the nylon tanks came out.

There are a couple of taps that fit the original tank, two of mine have early model Sherco taps which have the same bolt spacing and I just realised that the tap I purchased off inmotion has a detachable 12mm threaded part, that screws into a block that has the two 6mm holes, so it looks like it would fit the earlier style fitting, so in effect it would fit both styles of tank.

PS I would check with them first as I don't have an earlier tank to test this out on.

IMG_3056a.jpg

Edited by sherpa325
photo