Bou The Unstoppable

dmc2028372

I can only assume that raga and co must be feeling pretty demoralised when you consider how amazingly good the top riders in the world are and mr bou completely smashes them into next week!!

I wasn't there today but it's hard to believe someone can be that much better than raga and co. Full congratulations to dibs for a fantastic ride too. More of the same please!

Whatever it was, bou figured out how to play the game. I wouldn't think it was tight no stop checking though, otherwise raga et al would have gotten their act together after the first lap. I'd guess it was just some massive obstacles that bou dominated. Anyone see the event (or find some YouTube video?)

Whatever it was, bou figured out how to play the game. I wouldn't think it was tight no stop checking though, otherwise raga et al would have gotten their act together after the first lap. I'd guess it was just some massive obstacles that bou dominated. Anyone see the event (or find some YouTube video?)

The sections were quite 'man made' for a natural wooded venue. Plenty of big placed rocks to ride over. I saw plenty of fives on these big steps.

Observing looked fine to me, the usual slack was granted for a bit of pausing &'shuffling around.

I just looked through the photo's of Day one ... And as usual Bou has that grin of his on , Not the look of terror/concentration seen on the other faces , He just always looks like he's having FUN !!!!

Bou was superb.

He was!

And the terrain was perfect for him, in that it was fraught with big steps that were do or die.

If you want to close the gap to Bou, then big steps is not the answer, as he proved this weekend.

• Like 1

My first time opportunity to see the world's best in action on Sunday and OMG Awesome!!!!!!

Re the unstoppable... tongue in cheek, the guy standing next to me reckoned that Bou's bike is fitted with some kind of special 'force field' that makes him float over stuff. I'm sure this has been said many times before, but to my mind that force field seems to be absolute precision. Visually he does indeed 'float', He doesn't seem to hit an obstacle with anything like the force that the rest of the top 10 riders do. He seems to be consistently 'softer' on the terrain and I was surprised that I could 'hear' a very distinct difference in force between Bou hitting an obstacle and most everyone else. No idea how you counter that from a section setting perspective.

Another thing that surprised me was listening to Bou and Rage discuss their respective thoughts - they were joined at hip when walking lots of the sections. Good to see and hear.

Brilliant effort from the organisers though - Top Marks to all.

Paul Mac