Fantic Section

whitehillbilly

The spring is a standard Fantic item. I swapped the bigger one the stand came with for the Fantic item to avoid my heel catching it when descending. I did look at trying to mount the spring under the stand out of the way and it would be possible with a little welding. I was going to make a mount as I have a stand leg but this was much easier. 

The pegs are S3 Hardrock Steel type with the extra rear set. They bolted up to the stock mounts. I just needed to cut slight relief in the mount to allow the peg to flip up. I'll snap a picture.

https://bvm-moto.co.uk/Trials%20Parts%20Clothing%20and%20Accessories%20/Footrests%20and%20Hangers?product_id=3027

Your mounts look different to mine. My 95 has steel brackets quite basic really would think any footrest would fit?

Just curious ,you ever had any powervalve issues? Mines running well now but doesn't like to pull on light throttle.

PS mines not got a stand either so thanks for the tip.

Your power valve may be stuck if you haven't checked it. I thought mine must be stuck as I couldn't notice any increase in power when I was riding so I checked it and to my surprise it was fine!

Here's how I checked mine was working. I took the cover off drive on the crankcase and disconnected the cable. I had to take the exhaust off to get at the cover then put the exhaust back on to run the engine. You can see the arm move when the revs increase. I could feel the cable pull open the valve and hear the spring move when I gave the inner a tug. Later when I took the head off I could squirt lubricant and compressed air through the holes in cylinder wall as I pulled the cable by hand to open the valve so all good in there too.

The valve doesn't appear make any big difference that I notice, certainly no surge of power that some people think happens. The engine is actually smooth and not harsh at all.

Slow running issues could also be carb, reed valve or plug etc but I'm sure you've tried all those things.

The footrest brackets are steel, the main brackets they bolt to are alloy.

Edited by fantic240motor

Hi

A couple of quick questions.

Is the bolt at the top of the stand spring, fixed with the bolt tight, or free for the spring to turn ????

Could you please post a pic of the stand, with it down.

I don't appear to have a reed valve fitted ????

Thought it was because it had a power valve instead.

Thanks

shane

Your all right, reed valve fitted. Not sure why, last week I thought different.

Bike runs real well will the fitted carby.

At the last Trial, a couple of good riders had a go and really liked the way the very usable power range came in.

Very easy for me to swap between the Fantic and Greeves.

Will have another look to see I have the numbers correct.

Thanks again.

whitehillbilly