Atf Fluid In Clutch/gearbox

stpauls

I bought a 5L can of Comma semi synthetic AQ3 Dexron 3 Automatic Transmission Fluid last year for my Sherco 125.  I change it (450cc) every 4th trial, with no practice sessions in between.

The Comma ATF works well, but does anyone use a different brand that is better?

Thanks

It's not ATF but silkolene light gear oil gets both great reviews and works great in my friends Gas Gas. Planning to give it a go in my wife's Gas Gas and daughters Beta in there next oil changes. I use ELF in my 4RT...

It's not ATF but silkolene light gear oil gets both great reviews and works great in my friends Gas Gas. Planning to give it a go in my wife's Gas Gas and daughters Beta in there next oil changes. I use ELF in my 4RT...

Just to let you know: The Elf HTX 740 is also a 75W light gear oil, with similar properties as the Silkolene and other brands of 75W light gear oils.
I've used the GRO 75W Gear Extreme in my 4RT with very good results.

Sorry for going off topic.

Just to let you know: The Elf HTX 740 is also a 75W light gear oil, with similar properties as the Silkolene and other brands of 75W light gear oils.
I've used the GRO 75W Gear Extreme in my 4RT with very good results.

Sorry for going off topic.

My turn to derail a little...

I already know this, but thank you.  I got 4 large bottles of ELF from the first owner when I got my 4RT and with how long the stuff lasts I have only used up 1 of them so far so I have a long way to go before I need to try anything else.  I was considering the GRO for when I ran out but I can't seem to find a distributor in the US and now that I can get ELF in the US again I might just stick with that seeing that it is working so well for me.

Back to the topic. 

• Like 1

I use Carlube ATF Dexron III in a GasGas pro, so it lubes the mains as well....never changed it in approx. 20 trial comps and 10 all day practice sessions with no problems so perhaps that is better than the one you use.... the ATF looks clean through the sightglass and is red not grey,I think it is cheaper than Comma also.

I will try Carlube ATF then.

Thanks