Scott Training!

dmc2028372

It's a long time since I rode it but riding the bike is the best thing. You also need a good recovery rate, so after a long section you can still ride quick whilst getting your breath back. Try cycling hills or running for this. Personally cramp in my forearms was always the first area to cause a problem so I used to use the spring triggers you squeeze and also roll your wrists to turn a broom shank with a weight on a string attached. You need to find you weakest areas and focus on them

My personal training programme will involve riding the bike at least once before the event, probably to see if its running ok and to bed a tire in. But Like Baldilocks says, time on the bike is best, although up until 2010ish I'd be on the bike 4 times a week, months in advance, and the event actually never went too well.

Then kids came along, and the bike ends up being another shelf in the garage. Sleepless nights, no practice and general ill preparation seem to work well these days.

• Like 2

Well thank you John. That's made me a feel a whole lot better. I'll do sod all prep and training and should turn up and go like **** off a shovel just like you.....not!

By the way, I'll be on a 4rt. What gearing are you running?

Find brick wall

Stand in front facing it.

Get farmer friend to unload muck spreader at you while pointing a hose with ice cold water.

Rock head back and forth gently making contact with the wall  :wall:

Continue for 5 hours

Well that's what it felt like last time I rode !!

• Like 1