Ariel Colt Trials Bikes...

spen

Spen,

Which Ariel Colt - the pre-war girder-forked one or the factory bike that Geoff Duke rode, almost a miniature HT? There are pictures of both in ORRe.

Deryk

Any of them! Where can I find them without having to trawl through ( and losing myself for a few hours gazing ) them....?? Edited by spen

And the factory Colt ridden by Geoff Duke, effectively an HT with a Colt motor simply to have a 250, 350, 500cc line-up for class awards in the nationals.  This image from my book The Scott Trial which I published in 1994.

PHOTO: DON MORLEY

post-19290-0-19324400-1469986726_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

Hi Charlie,

The other part of the spec was that there were a couple of anxious Norton mechanics riding round with Geoff, just in case he had problems that would impact on his racing activities.

Trouble is the Scott is, of course, time and observation and the helpers, which Geoff certainly didn't approve because he was a very competent trials rider in his own right, couldn't keep up with him..........

Cheers

Deryk

• Like 1

Hi Guy's.

Hi Deryk and Spen..

I have put a page up on my website "The Works Ariel Colt trials bike".

With the help of the Ariel Owners magazine  of 2000, And we now know there was a page in ORR about the machine too.

Nov-Dec 1993? Deryk I will look.

Regards Charlie.

• Like 1

Here's one built in Australia many years ago. The chap on the right won a state Classic title on it in Queensland in 1990. Uses C11 piston to take it to 220cc

post-12126-0-64207900-1470547212_thumb.jpg

Edited by jc2
  • Like 7