Bike Suggestions

retro72

I want to build a classic trials bike. I am also looking to build it from the frame up. I know this is the expensive option in the long run, but I dont have much time because of my work and I just want to add to it as and when.

I have seen two frames with swinging arms on a well know auction site. One a Bantam D14 and the other a Yam TY250. I prefer the larger engine as I am a large framed guy as I am thinking the bantam engine may struggle.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

I’d say pick whatever bike interests you the most. For me it’s bikes I saw as a kid but could never afford to own. It doesn’t have to be the best or the most competitive, but if it interests you, you’re more likely to maintain momentum.

Another point to note is, if you want to build a bike from a box of parts, make sure parts are easily available. It would be far easier to restore a TY250 with all the off the shelf NOS parts rather than something rare like a JCM.

Most of all enjoy it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...