The Wtc ( World Trials Canada) Championship

outlaw dave

The WTC ( World Trials Canada) Championship West - will go on September 3-4th in Revelstoke BC - This venue is a mecca for Off road sports, both winter and Summer and the recently formed Revy Riders club, have jumped on board the Trials train by hosting a round of the Championship Series once again. for 2016,  - The location is ideal, with all sorts of natural terrain, which happens to be close to lots of hotels. motels that cater to the  tourists. - for more info:  www.trialscanada.com.

FYI for all readers outside of Canada who do not already know, this is NOT Canada's National Trials Championship. WTC is NOT any kind of National sanctioning body for Trials in Canada. It is NOT recognized by anyone outside of Canada within the world wide governing body for our sport, the FIM, or anyone else within North America who work tirelessly to promote and improve the sport. Good luck to all competitors who may be riding this event.

Let it go Steve. Nobody outside of Canada cares. I suspect very few inside of Canada care. Anybody wishing to go through the hassle of setting up an event, no matter what they call themselves, is doing a good thing.

Unless they're doing something that makes trials look bad in the public eye then what they call their championship is no big whoop.

"Like two fleas arguing over who owns the dog they're on." Crocodile Dundee

• Like 3

Dan:

Thanks for your input. I agree that anyone putting an event on is a good thing. Lots in Canada do care and If you or anyone else wants to tell people you are a National sanctioning body and have your own National Championship, it does make trials In Canada look bad in the public eye as well as many other falsities that get continuously published. This is the forum for Canadian Trials. We have now a dedicatged group the same as the Natc working hard to make positive changes for the sport in our country so I am sorry if that offends you.

Not sure how down playing anybody who puts on a non CMA event in Canada is in some way making a positive change for the sport?

I agree with Dan just let it go already. 

World Trials Canada is a great Canadian trials group that openly accepts all trials riders and puts on events from coast to coast. Without them there would be a lot less events in this country. Supporting organizers who put on events all across Canada would be a true positive change for the CMA.

We are actually having an event tomorrow in the Province of New Brunswick which is starting to see a great group of new riders getting into the sport. Hopefully we will see some of them competing in the WTC championship East in the near future as the sport continues to grow here the East.   

Putting on events is great and not down played. A self proclaimed National sanctioning body and and non sanctioned National Championships only hurt Canada internationally and portray it in a poor light. Putting on trials and promoting the sport has abosolutely nothing to do with what you constantly deem as a wonderful organization. The same rhetoric over and over without ever being held accountable. Just because you read it on the internet or someones blog, doesnt make it actually true. Its unfortunate that you do not seem to care about any kind of legitimacy for our sport in Canada.

Over here we have 2 organisations (SACU AMCA). The SACU is the main Trials organiser and the AMCA runs local club  events. 

When we went with the AMCA back in 09 there was a few raised eyebrows but it was mainly due to licencsing issues at that time.

Now it's all pretty cool the better AMCA riders move away as they prefer the more structured SACU trials and we pick up the raw beginners who would struggle at "regular" trials.

We use each others ground and help each other out.

More trials than ever these days and more choice which can only be good.

Just out of curiosity roughly how many riders are there in Canada? I imagine plenty folk have bikes but the logistics of competing cause difficulty. 

What I'm thinking is there's not enough of you to fall out if you see what I mean.

Edited by breagh

What I don't get is the naming of WORLD Trials Canada when it has absolutely nothing to do with World Trials. Aside from the confusion with WTC being the recognised acronym for the World Trial Championship, I know there is a desire to bring the real World Championship back to Canada. How confusing is that going to be for people? You'd have a domestic series named World Trials and a real World Trials event in the same country. :wacko:

• Like 1

What I don't get is the naming of WORLD Trials Canada when it has absolutely nothing to do with World Trials. Aside from the confusion with WTC being the recognised acronym for the World Trial Championship, I know there is a desire to bring the real World Championship back to Canada. How confusing is that going to be for people? You'd have a domestic series named World Trials and a real World Trials event in the same country. :wacko:

This is part of the big picture Andy, yes we ( the CMA Trials Advisory Committee, and the FIM-North America Trials Committee) have several mandates, and bringing World Trials back to Canada is one of them. It should be apparent to anyone whether you agree with me or not, I am a very proud Canadian. I do not accept the attitude, nor do I agree with taking the stance that we will never be able to make this happen. Our group has worked very hard to make our domestic Championship great again. By all accounts this years Championship is a great indicator that it is working. We are also working on holding an FIM- NA Championship trial next year that would see all of the top US Riders in all classes come to Canada to compete. Our field of top riders has stagnated for decades, and the pool of young guys not only being introduced to the sport, but being able to get excited about seeing and riding with top level riders was all but extinct. Basically, the rest of the world has been progressing, and we have been staying the same.

If you ask most people who know what the SPORT of trials is, they would very much enjoy seeing a World Trial here again! We are a huge country with a relatively small trials population that is spread out. But, there is a desire for North American events, and yes hosting a World Trial again, with the target date of 2019.

It is NOT about whether you hold or ride a non CMA event. It is about supporting and helping grow a strong National Federation again, so that we not only can help groom new up and coming riders, support them properly to go ride Tdn;s and any other events over seas such as the SSDT, but to also host World Rounds again. There are strong clubs here in Canada on both coasts who have good memberships. Our club where I live has been going since the early 1900s and owns it own property for trials. These clubs operate on their own affordable insurance, either owning or with land use agreements and are very organized. They do not rely on nor do they actually require to belong to our Federation to exist or operate. But, they DO affiliate now to pitch in, hold Nationals and Provincial rounds as their way to do their part.

Not only is it confusing to have a few people declare they are also a National Federation, using an extremely confusing title, but its even more confusing to some people who are new, to make sense of what is the truth. In a huge country with small numbers of riders, it can be harmful.

Edited by steve fracy

Over here we have 2 organisations (SACU AMCA). The SACU is the main Trials organiser and the AMCA runs local club  events. 

When we went with the AMCA back in 09 there was a few raised eyebrows but it was mainly due to licencsing issues at that time.

Now it's all pretty cool the better AMCA riders move away as they prefer the more structured SACU trials and we pick up the raw beginners who would struggle at "regular" trials.

We use each others ground and help each other out.

More trials than ever these days and more choice which can only be good.

Just out of curiosity roughly how many riders are there in Canada? I imagine plenty folk have bikes but the logistics of competing cause difficulty. 

What I'm thinking is there's not enough of you to fall out if you see what I mean.

What is the cost of joining the AMCA? We have clubs here who do all the job of holding events and do NOT need any other association to hold those events. I think the structure is completely different here. Riders just join their local club with no need for anything else.

Honestly I don't know it can't be much because were Scottish,don't imagine the SACU are much either.

I look on them both as providers of insurance,assistance and guidance for the Trials community.

Riders do just turn up here join and ride but all trials are governed/ insured albeit in a different way by the two bodies.

Nothing to stop anyone setting up there own club here and running trials getting insurance could be interesting.

In New England there is an event series called jday. It is an enduro/hare scrambles series put on by a group headed by John Day. It is running on the same turf as NETRA. Regardless of any hurt feelings one way or the other the riders agree they are well run and fun. NESC split off from AMA sanctioning to run MX in New England. Ask yourself this, why has someone decided to split from CMA and run their own series? If WTC is serving some need in the trials community then either there is an excess of trials riders or you are not providing for your target population in the manner you espouse. At the point when they have more events and more riders in more places then the CMA they truly do have a national championship no matter who has blessed your organization. You may be forced at some time to work with them for the better of the sport.

Years ago ATV riders were looked down upon by the majority of dirt riders here. There was pressure to shun and ban them as they were the minority. As their numbers grew and they started feeling their political power roles reversed and it's now ATV riders who get land access by promising to not allow dirt bikes. Be careful who you pee on the way up as they will remember you on your way down.

I only ask that you try to make the positive choice Steve and realize it isn't who wins or loses but how can we keep playing the game.

Edited by dan williams
  • Like 2