Any One Use A Trial Push Bike For Practice?

2sticks

I have been thinking about getting a bicycle for practice, especially for winter time, but don't want to drop a great deal of money on a purpose built trails bicycle (I get enough grief on my current trails expenses!)  

Does anyone have any specific advice on what might be a cheap substitute? Modified BMX bike etc??

One issue for me is that I am 6'5" tall, so some small bike wouldn't work to well.

I have been thinking about getting a bicycle for practice, especially for winter time, but don't want to drop a great deal of money on a purpose built trails bicycle (I get enough grief on my current trails expenses!)  

Does anyone have any specific advice on what might be a cheap substitute? Modified BMX bike etc??

One issue for me is that I am 6'5" tall, so some small bike wouldn't work to well.

I would think a fixed frame mountain bike with good brakes, the lowest seat you could find, and maybe a some trials handle bars (if you can make them work) would be better than a BMX bike for trials skills practice.  Unless you want to do street BMX/trials type riding then maybe a BMX, but even then at 6'5" I would think the mountain bike would work better...

My 2 cents... hope it works.  

I practice with the bike and do races with the motorbike and it helps loads, if you ask to any high level rider they come from a bicycle background or they train with both. I'm 1.83cm and I ride an Inpulse 20" and I don't feel too big on it, there are pros around 2 meter tall riding on 20s so it all comes down to personal preference. Any size you'll get 20,24,26 will improve your riding, but if you really want to progress get a bike with modern geometries so short wheelbase and chain stay and high bottom bracket rise. Best price/quality bikes are Echo which are setup with good components and reasonable price. Cheers

• Like 1