Seriously Considering A Vertigo......owner Appraisals Please

four_art_tee

Hi everyone,

Off to the Test day at Earl Shilton and hoping to secure myself a new bike, but, how has everyone's user experience been? in regards too build quality, cleanliness of airbox and niggly bits that need sorting or are an easy fix for a dab hand on the tools??

just don't fancy being too much of a test subject :blush:

Thanks

It's better built than any bike we have had before. The Air box is in the right place. I only change it once every couple of months. I would carry another PP3 battery just in case the rechargeable goes flat. If its a standard non rechargeable then take it off once started and put the chargeable one back once the bike is running. The Foot levers etc seem thicker than those used on other bikes and are nicely tucked away. Generally seems "beefier" without being a heavy bike.

• Like 1

You can get a spare rechargeable battery and charger from Maplins.

As Telecat says, it's a PP3, 200mah.

I'm pretty sure owners will need to keep them charged up on a mains charger.

They take around 8 hours to charge properly on the mains charger, I don't think a few hours of start/stop riding on a Sunday morning will be enough.

They will start on a non rechargeable PP3 battery, just swap it over once running.

They ride well, at first I thought it was a bit to heavy over the front, but it's just a feeling, once on it and moving they ride well.

On it, it can sound a bit gruff, but the in gear performance is really good even though the first four are really close together.

So far only a couple of niggles.

They seem to need a hotter plug (BPMR4A-10) as they can foul up a bit, seems to be worse in Maps 2 & 3.

Fuel tank cap on mine dribbles a bit, it's just not a tight enough fit.

And even through I went through all the nuts and bolts for tightness before first use, I've lost a screw out of the guard at the bottom of the silencer.

Edited by goudrons

Not Had a problem with the petrol cap. You are right on the Plug. It's the same as the JGAS so it's a different spanner size. I have a Maplin's Hybrid rechargeable which should be a bit better for recharging but the original battery is still in and working.

They look nice, but the engine braking is 4 stroke-ish, which I can see taking some getting used to.

I've only really noticed that in higher gears when shutting off at speed.

I've not noticed it in lower gears at the sort of speeds I use in sections.

I could have used a bit more engine braking yesterday, had quite a few hairy descents to tackle, though once my eyes were closed they didn't seem that bad!

• Like 1

What gearing are you guys running?  The first three are indeed very close but with the 38 rear it was rather snatchy off idle.  Swapped out to a 43 rear but found I was running most sections in 2nd.  Thinking of going to a 40 but am curious as to other opinions.

Bike rides very well, turns tight and responds well to peg input.  We were riding a competition at 7800 ft last weekend and I didn't fuss with anything fuel related, ran on map 2 for most of the trial in powder dry Sierra dust and big granite boulders, seemed to work well.  No battery charge issues and as long as the loop has some length I don't expect any, will get a spare just to be safe.

• 4 weeks later...