Tire Pressure

guy53

• 1 month later...

I have to admit I was a little lazy, I have not yet installed the rear Dunlop 803GP I bought a month ago. I now think that the old Dunlop front won't stay on the bike either. I can buy here Michelin, Pirelli, IRC or new Dunlop front. Any comment on your experience ?

Guy

Pirelli MT43 "trials tire" sidewall is too stiff for use on a trials bike. Vee Rubber 4.00x18 has a softer sidewall than the Vee Rubber 4.25x18 trials tire. I liked the Michelin X-Light tires, but are too expensive for my budget. I tried Dunlop D803GP front and rear to replace the Michelins and I'm pretty happy with their traction running at 6.5 psi Front & 5 psi Rear when practicing. If it gets slippery, or I'm competing, I like to run 5 Front & 3.5 to 4 Rear. In the USA, we can only buy Michelin X-Light, though I see the new bikes are still being shipped with Michelin X11 (probably the best tire, if you can find it)

Yes nigel dabster I will do the job at home, I am thinking using a mountain bike tube as advice by peterh. I have a new tube for the front, is there something ( apart from  cleaning the rim ) I should be aware off for the rear . Again it's my first tubeless change.

Guy