Interview With Jordi Permanyer - Son Of Montesa Founder

gasgas249uk

Last year i was extremely lucky and got to meet Jordi Permanyer.

He is the son of Montesa founder Pere Permanyer. He was also rider , manager of a Montesa gear factory , on the Montesa directional committee , helped with the Honda negotiations and latterly became production manager of Honda motorcycles in Spain.

He explains many things whilst showing us around the huge family motorcycle collection including the factory bikes of Karlsson , Whaley and Colomer , discusses his fathers relationship with Bulto after the separation and shows me gift from Neil Armstrong + more. There are other taboo's that are not widely known but never the less backed up by sufficient information from other sources to give them an airing.

The interview is here on my hobby web.

I warn you ...the conversation wondered from past to present and back again , so it can be a little difficult to follow , but i wanted to leave it exactly as it was.  

http://www.retrotrials.com/1-montesas-jordi-permanyer-interview.html

P3270098_zps3ixbcvjv.jpg

• Like 3

Now that trip to the Montesa festival is a good idea. We could all go down there on a bus together drinking Margeritas.

Dadof could drive because he'd know the best way.

Heffer would be arguing with dadof about whether the coach or trs clutch was better.

Andy could stink us out with his Strawberry vape whilst his partner Jake would distribute promotional posters on the TC tour to Spain , plus collect and count the funds.

Fracey would still be enthusiastically rattling on about the TRS .... like someone I know about the Jgas ;).

Guys would do the visual on coach entertainment , but on discovering the was no vhs would resort to a striptease.

Jim would on a bench half way up the isle remaking his technical videos after accidentally leaning on the delete key ... but now with TRS stickers obstructing any GASGAS logo.

I'd do some anorak quiz about bizarre bike marque's noone had heard of and people cared even less about.

And Nigel would be in self excile on the back seat with Eddy and Giffa in toe , throwing peanuts at the back of Dadof's head.

Have I sold it to you ... or totally put you off ;)

• Like 2