Clutch Probelms

dwb5151

Hi all i am having problems with my 2011 sherco 290 Just got the bike back a day ago from my local dealer as the my bike needed a new seal kit in the rear brake and the bike is running terrible. I have contacted the dealer but i cannot get the bike up to him due to my car breaking down.

The problem is when i start the bike and put my clutch in and select gear the bike jumps forwards and conks out on me. I know when the bike is cold the clutch plates stick together but even after riding it for a while it still does it making it near impossible to get the bike to move. 

The second problem is the bike always seems to be trying to cut out on me when i am riding. Even when warmed up it still does it.  

The third problem is the radiator on the first day it was running but on the second day i don't think it was as the engine felt very warm and i left the bike at tick over for ten minuted and the engine was roasting and no fan was running. So i let the bike cool and started it again after i changed the air filter and changed the gear box oil and rode it around the garden for a couple of minutes then straight afterwards i checked the radiator to see how much antifreeze was in it. I opened the cap and it was boiling. Is this normal and the carb was also cleaned out less than a week ago.

The fourth problem is there is a noise coming from the bike every time i try to rev it as if it was struggling to rev 

Problems which might be causing this could be the fuel pump and the idle but i am not sure on how to check this.Any advice would be appreciated as with this bike it seems to be one problem after another.  

Many thanks Dw

Edited by dwb5151

The problem is when i start the bike and put my clutch..... 

Can be something related to hydraulic actuating....

The third problem is the radiator.....

Try to jump the temperature sensor (brass thing on radiator) conecting their 2 wires together. If fan start. Is the sensor fault.

• Like 1

The problem is when i start the bike and put my clutch..... 

Can be something related to hydraulic actuating....

The third problem is the radiator.....

Try to jump the temperature sensor (brass thing on radiator) conecting their 2 wires together. If fan start. Is the sensor fault.

Basically when i select gear the bike jumps forward and stalls. I think it could be the clutch plates all bikes have this problem when they are cold, but it shouldn't be doing this just after i have been riding the bike

Edited by dwb5151